We are a group of educated professional Australian Muslim women. Some of us are converts and all of us are Australian.
We recognise the beauty of Islam and wish to integrate it into our personal lives and those of our families and communities. We are not allied with any ethnic group or any particular interpretation of Islam, but welcome all open-minded Muslim women.
We especially welcome converts who may be trying to negotiate a path between their new religion and the demands of Australian families and culture.
We can offer advice and mentoring on a range of contemporary issues, including those mentioned below. Our research has shown that there are many issues of interest to modern Australian Muslim women. These include:
* Learning about Islam - what is culture and what is religion
* Marriage, Divorce and other important life events in Islam
* The Prophet s.a.w. and the Quran
* Where to go for assistance and help as a new Muslim
* How critical is the hijab? What is really halal and haram in Islam?
* Islamic history and Islamic philosophy
* Ethics in Islam
If you would like to be a member, please click HERE and download a membership form.
For those enquiring about Islam, please contact us. We do assist students at University with interviews and provide information for student assignments. However, we do not complete projects for students, or disseminate surveys to our members due to the large numbers of requests received.
AMWA representatives are also available to speak at schools and provide consultancy to those trying to provide for Muslim clients.