We are a group of educated professional Australian Muslim women. Some of us are converts and all of us are Australian.
We recognise the beauty of Islam and wish to integrate it into our personal lives and those of our families and communities. We are not allied with any ethnic group or any particular interpretation of Islam, but welcome all open-minded Muslim women.
We especially welcome converts who may be trying to negotiate a path between their new religion and the demands of Australian families and culture.
We can offer advice and mentoring on a range of contemporary issues, including those mentioned below. Our research has shown that there are many issues of interest to modern Australian Muslim women. These include:
* The advantages and disadvantages of drawing up a formal Islamic marriage contract
* How to teach Islam to children
* What happens to children of blended cultures
* Balancing work and family
* Responsibility to in-laws, family and non-Muslim relatives
* Authority within the family
* How to ensure food is halal; cooking and recipes
* Fashion and dress
* Islamic history
* Being active in the broader Australian community
If you would like to be a member, please click HERE and download a membership form.